Years ago it was seen as rather extravagant to hire a wedding planner to plan your whole wedding day. But, thankfully we are in a different time now and more couples are hiring help so they don't have to go it alone! With all sorts of weddings happening and all sorts of budgets available, couples are turning more to stylists and planners to help them with this.
It can be confusing when searching for some help, as they both offer different services and is important you find one that suits your needs and is the right fit for you.
What does a Wedding Stylist do?
A stylist will be all about the visuals and the atmosphere for your venue. They will work on the aesthetics, bringing all the design details and decor to life.
Some of examples a stylist can do for you:
- Work on a original design concept with your ideas to reflect your personalities as a couple.
- Designing all the details, from stationery pieces to welcome signs.
- Keeping to your budget
- Help to source suppliers to help bring your vision to life.
- Helping to set up all the design elements up on the day before the wedding.
What does a Wedding Planner do?
A wedding planner is more about the logistics of a wedding. Everything from booking your venue to finalising your seating plan. They will oversee every element.
Some of the tasks a wedding planner would do are:
-Booking suppliers for you.
-Take care of your whole budget.
- Communicating with your vendors throughout the planning process.
- Leading a team to set up the day.
It is important to recognise that all planners and stylists work differently and have their own unique services they offer. So when you are looking for one make sure to check they fit with what you are looking for before you dive in. Tell them your expectations and they will tell you what they can offer you.